How to change the default messaging application in the Samsung version of the Android operating systemadmin
Samsung’s Galaxy phones are the most popular Android phones, and Samsung has its own way of changing the default messaging application on its devices.
How to change the default messaging application in the Samsung version of the Android operating system
- First you will need to download another application such as Textra SMS
- Scroll down to see notifications.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Select Apps.
- Press the three dots on the top right of the screen.
- Select Default Applications.
- Click Messaging Apps.
- Select the messaging application you want to switch to.
- Confirm your selection by clicking OK.
Some applications may ask you to become the default messaging application directly when you open it for the first time, but applications such as Facebook Messenger do not prompt you to do so after you have rejected it for the first time.
What about other phones?
Smartphones from other manufacturers have different methods to change the default text messaging application, for example, Huawei phones the way to change the default messaging application is hidden, but all changes will be found by the same instructions mentioned.